It has been analized the possible applications of single crystalline films (SCF) of Al2O3-Y2O3-Lu2O3:Ce oxide system as luminescent transformers of different types:
* scintillators of alph- and beta-particles for radiation monitoring;
* composition scintilators/detectors (CSD) containing SCF-phosphors deposited on substrate-phosphor for registration of the mixing ionizing fluxe components;
* screens for electron-beam tubes with high spatial resolution for special applications;
* screens for visualization of X-ray images for medical or biological monitoring;
* phosphor-convertors for LED-diodes radiation (LUCOLED-system) for light devices.
It has been established the peculiarities of growth the SCF of Al2O3-Y2O3-Lu2O3 oxide system with garnet, perovskite and a-Al2O3 structures doped with Ce3+ or other rare-earth (RE) dopants by liquid phase epitaxy on Al2O3, YAlO3 and Y3Al5O12 substrates.
It has been shown the possibility of "engineering" of emission and excitation spectra of SCF based on solid-solution (Y-Lu)3(Al-Sc-Ga)5O12:Ce which are correlated with the range of spectral sensitivity of Si-diodes and CCD-cameras or with the region of radiation of LED-diodes, by means of changes in the crystals field strength or co-doping with the different RE ions.
The main peculiarity of spectral-kinetic characteristics of SCF is determined by the extremely low concentration of emission and trap centers created by the antisite-type and vacancy-type defects. This fact determines the advantages of phosphors based on SCF in comparison with the bulk crystal analogues, which consist in the absence of the dissipation channels of excitation energy connected with such type centers. The above mentioned peculiarity make the SCF also as an useful model object for investigation of relaxation phenomenas of low-energy excitation, in particular excitons, in the many-sublattices oxides.
This work partly was supported by grant STSU2042.